If you’re a car enthusiast than you obviously know how important it is to get your vehicle polished by a professional at least every 3 to 6 months. Polishing is by far the most crucial step in maintaining your cars immaculate paint finish. Nowadays you’ve probably heard of ceramic coatings which can be applied to your car for a near lifetime guarantee of pristine paintwork, but you don’t want all of your hairline scratches and swirl marks to remain and be sealed in there too, do you?
Polishing is a real labour-intensive process which ensures proper car maintenance and enhancing of old, dull and faded paintwork. A proper polish takes 2 to 3 working days if done by a trained professional and helps to remove imperfections such as scratches and swirl marks, as well as greatly extending the lifetime of your cars paint. Another great benefit of polishing your car is that it conditions your paintwork so that it doesn’t dry out, helping you to avoid cracked and peeling paint. Knowing all of this, its quite easy to see why polishing is such an important part of care car maintenance.
Benefits of polishing
- Polishing helps remove scratches that do not penetrate past more than 25% of the top coat.
- Polishing can remove scruff marks that is most commonly caused by shoe heels, simply from getting in and out of your car.
- Swirl marks and spider webbing will be a thing of the past!
- Polishing can greatly reduce or even remove any form of etching that is often caused by; high pressure tap-water, acidic water or bird droppings.
- Traces of dust nibs or scratches are one more thing to cross of the worry list, as these are easily removed with some wet sanding, compounding and polishing.
- When paint is not applied by a professional it often varies in consistency and thickness, creating a sag and uneven paintwork. Abrasives and professional polishing can be used to level the surface and create an even finish.
- Reveals a fresh new layer of paint, while getting rid of a small percentage of the top layer, making your paintwork look as good as new!
- Lastly, and most obviously, it makes your car look super shiny again, making it look as good as when you first bought it!